List:       apache-modules
Subject:    [apache-modules] Introducing mod_delay
From:       Joachim Zobel <jzobel () heute-morgen ! de>
Date:       2006-03-09 20:58:17

Hi.

I have a first version of mod_delay. This is an output filter that
delays output until it is told otherwise. This enables upstream filters
to update_mtime. When told otherwise, mod_delay will call
ap_meets_conditions (this call is delayed, too) and send a 304 if
conditions are met.

See
http://www.heute-morgen.de/modules/mod_delay/mod_delay.c
Any comments appreciated.

There is still a design problem. When an upsteam filter is finished with
computing mtime, it should be able to split the brigade it is processing
and pass the first part downstream while keeping the rest for possible
further processing (if no 304 takes place). I don't know how too do this
yet and I am still thinking about the right way to do it.

At the moment the upstream filter just finishes the brigade it is
working on before mod_delay comes in.

Any comments on this are very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Joachim