List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] Developing apache modules in Windows
From:       Nick Kew <nick () webthing ! com>
Date:       2006-03-03 18:11:32

On Friday 03 March 2006 14:39, David Abrames wrote:

> It will be a couple of weeks before I start porting to windows, I'll
> re-post once I have something up and running.

Erm, that's different.  Porting to windows is straightforward, provided
your code is portable in the first place (which it will be if you've used
the Apache declarations and APR).  In VC++, create yourself a new
.dll project, import your source files, add the Apache and APR
headers to your include path and the libs to link, and compile.
That's all!

Since I don't develop on Windows, I couldn't help with the original
question.  And I've never looked at automating the process: it's
a drag to have to use the visual thingey, but it gets the job done.

--
Nick Kew