List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] apr_reslist_create question
From:       Nick Kew <nick () webthing ! com>
Date:       2005-10-27 1:18:13

On Thursday 27 October 2005 01:51, tracy@emedicine.arizona.edu wrote:
> All - (probably Nick specifically)
>
> I'm playing with using the apr_reslist API to create a database resource
> during server startup, then acquire a database handler when I need to talk
> to the database. Nick has written about this on apachetutor.org and that
> effectively answers most of my questions. The last question I have is how I
> can access the reslist pointer from another hook within the same module
> using apr_reslist_acquire?

As a point of reference, that article is now well out of date.  What it
describes is now further developed than when I wrote it, and is
available in mod_dbd (which supersedes the code associated with
that article).

As regards the question, I don't understand the problem.  That could
be 'cos it's 02:16 here and I've been struggling with another problem.
You can use apr_reslist_acquire anywhere in your module.  Note that
in the case of a database it would be inefficient to keep on acquiring
new connections, which is one reason it may be preferable to use
ap_dbd_acquire.

--
Nick Kew