List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] A module that emails?
From:       Christian Parpart <cparpart () surakware ! net>
Date:       2004-09-07 17:25:28

 Tuesday 07 September 2004 6:15 pm, Anthony Wells wrote:
> Christian,
>
> I guess you can use C++ for Apache modules.  The function handlers would
> have public static modifiers but could easily call C++ functions and create
> C++ objects.

Works just fine, the only thing you must take care of - IMHO - is, to declare
your C++ FOO module as:

extern "C" {
 ::module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA FOO_module = {
  // your stuff here
 };
}

> I looked over libesmtp.  It's not quite as an elegant solution provided
> through SWL and will require a little more coding than I would like but it
> will suffice for my form mailer module.  (I am still going to look into a
> socket bucket brigade though.)  I'm not sure if I'm up to the challenge of
> C++ Apache modules just now.

Well, feel free to ask, if needed ;)

Greets,
Christian Parpart.

--
 19:13:22 up 14 days,  6:52,  0 users,  load average: 0.73, 0.71, 0.66