List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] A module that emails?
From:       "Anthony Wells" <awells () cd-crafters ! com>
Date:       2004-09-06 22:52:31

Christian,

I looked at your code...it's similiar to something I did in VB way back when
for screen scraping.

The Network::TNetworkStream class really takes care of a lot of the socket
overhead for you.  However, because Apache 2.0 is written in C, I can't
instantiate this class from a module even if it is in a library.  Correct?

I think I will investigate using a bucket brigade socket to communicate with
the SMTP server.  I think this might work, but I'll need to check on this.
It might be overkill but it'd be nice to use the existing APR.

I will also examine the existance of Linux C based libraries with SMTP
mailers as well.  If anyone knows of one, let me know.

Thanks for the info,
Anthony