List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] hook for module unloading stuff
From:       Julien ALLANOS <jas () aql ! fr>
Date:       2004-03-31 12:26:48

Sami Tikka wrote:
> Julien ALLANOS wrote:
>
>> Actually, I've created a mutex and a file descriptor in the plog pool.
>> Do I really need to register a cleanup function with the plog pool to
>> close this file descriptor and destroy the mutex, or are these actions
>> already taken by default by the core ?
>

> If you created the file descriptor and mutex with APR functions that
> took a pool as parameter, I'm pretty sure they are cleaned up
> automatically when the pool is cleaned up. But really, it is pretty easy
> to verify... you have the source :)

that's what i thought... however, i believe all the memory used by a
process should be cleared when it dies, by the unix principles, right ?
so when apache exits (or non-gracefully restart), all the file
descriptors and mutexes are destroyed ?
i'll check the source for more information.
--
Julien ALLANOS <jas@aql.fr>
The contents of this email and any attachments are

* email scanned for viruses, vandals and malicious content *