List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] How does a module specify the equivalent of
From:       Joe Lewis <joe () joe-lewis ! com>
Date:       2004-03-28 4:54:56

Allow me to rephrase that in a way I think you are meaning.  You are
trying to use one module to alter the configuration of another module.
It really shouldn't be done.  However, anything is possible.  Using the
ap_get_module_config in a case where you are grabbing the configuration
of the other module, you are going to have all kinds of linking problems
- if you do it this way, it means you have to redefine the core module.

Another alternative is available though.  Rather than editing the core
module's configuration, you may be able to use a different kind of
directive.  I've never done a module like this, but look into using the
override option of EXEC_ON_READ instead of an OR_AUTHCFG or RSRC_CONF.
The headers declare that type to be able to modify the configuration
file as it's being read.  The #Include option is one of these such
directives, and may provide a good pointer on which way to turn.

Joe