List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] Re: Thread
From:       "Alex \(Oleksiy\) Bolgarov" <oleksiy_alex_bolgarov () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-01-13 17:47:43

 --- Marco Spinetti <m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it> wrote: >
No,

> I'm starting threads in child process (inside
> handler function) not
> during reading of configuration data.
>
> Reading your email it seems that using pthreads
> inside child process in
> apache 1.3.x gives strange results and it will not
> work as expected,
> while using apache 2 all is ok.
>
> Is it true?

I do not know very much about Apache 1.3, my module
was from the very beginning developer for Apache2. It
just was that the your problem was very similar to my
experience when I was incorrectly starting threads in
the parent Apache process.

Well, if you start threads in the child process, after
fork, then it should be OK. The only other thing that
comes into mind is to check if the Apache itself was
build with pthread support: for example, if you are
compiling Apache with gcc, there should be "-pthread
-D_REENTARNT" options.

Thank you,

    alex.