List:       apache-modules
Subject:    [apache-modules] Re: Thread
From:       Marco Spinetti <m.spinetti () pisa ! iol ! it>
Date:       2004-01-13 11:42:50

Hi all,

I have implemented my module: inside it I start 5 pthreads. Each one
starts a different connection.

I'm using apache 1.3.27.

My big problem is if I start apache with:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -X -f /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf -c
'Port 80'

all is ok.

But if I start apache normally (/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start)
my apache module never returns from pthread_cond_wait.

My code is, if I start one thread inside my module:

io_thread_make(&struct_copy[indice_conn], query);

/*
io_thread_make starts a thread with pthread.
My thread executes, at the end, pthread_cond_signal
*/

fprintf(stderr, "8 passo\n");
if (pthread_mutex_lock(&mutex_conn) == -1) {
            fprintf(stderr, "[ERROR]\n");
}
if (pthread_cond_wait(&cond_conn, &mutex_conn) == -1) {
            fprintf(stderr, "[ERROR]\n");
}
pthread_mutex_unlock(&mutex_conn);

Am I missing something?

Who can give me some advice? If I start apache with -X option all is ok
and the module returns from  pthread_cond_wait.

Thanks

--Marco