List:       apache-modules
Subject:    [apache-modules] handling a fatal error in child_init
From:       Steve Hutton <shutton () attbi ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 4:51:58

When my module crashes during the handler phase,
Apache restarts the child process automatically, which
is a nice feature.

However when my module crashes from child_init
(e.g. due to mis-configuration of the module) it
might be more appropriate to shutdown
Apache until the problem can be fixed, since
all subsequent child_init calls will fail.  Is there
a way for a module to shutdown apache (2.x)?

Thanks,
Steve