List:       apache-modssl
Subject:    SSLEngine optional and SSLRequireSSL ?
From:       Rémi_Denis-Courmont <rdenis () simphalempin ! com>
Date:       2007-02-16 19:23:34

Hello,

It seems that SSLRequireSSL prevents TLS Upgrade from working at all, or
I got something wrong. Still, I have not been able to find out how to
force TLS Upgrade on a SSLEngine optional... If I use SSLRequireSSL,
Apache will properly return 426 whenever a client performs an
unencrypted request, but that will block the TLS Upgrade request itself
too (since it is not encrypted either).

I've tried that but that does not seem to work either (plus I am not
sure if allowing unencryted OPTIONS is actually safe):
<LimitExcept OPTIONS>
	SSLRequireSSL
</LimitExcept>

This is a sample: