List:       apache-modssl
Subject:    Re: windows clients slow transfering files to apache/linux server
From:       "Pablo J Royo" <royop () tb-solutions ! com>
Date:       2005-01-14 18:53:23

I think this could have to do with the size your socket send buffer is.
This buffer is the number of bytes the network can support without beeing
acknoledged from remote side. If your buffer is small, your software will
have to wait more times untill all that (few) bytes are acknoledged from
remote side. The ideal situation is to have as much bytes "flying" on the
network as it can support so you must increase that buffer size.
On Linux it may be larger than on Windows, so transfer will be faster.

You can adjust that size in your app with the setsockopt( ) function after
the socket( ) call.

Hope this helps

Pablo J.Royo
http://spipe.sourceforge.net