List:       apache-modssl
Subject:    Re: Apache 1.3.20 and ModSSL
From:       Owen Boyle <obo () bourse ! ch>
Date:       2002-05-21 8:02:39

Jason Lawrence wrote:

> I am trying to use two the Apache NameVirtualHost option with two sites
> using different certificate files.
>
> The two virtual hosts work however only the cert for the first specified
> virtual host is recognized.  Is there anyway that you can get two
> certificates working in Apache for the same IP address????

It is impossible to have two distinct HTTPS virtualhosts on the same
socket (IP address/port no. pair). See:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC47
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modssl&m=98559369910170&w=2

Just to be clear, the issue is fundamental to the way HTTP works - it is
not a bug in apache or mod_ssl!

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.