List:       apache-modproxy-dev
Subject:    ProxyPass dns issues
From:       Federico Mennite <federico.mennite () lifeware ! ch>
Date:       2003-02-10 10:45:03

Hi,
while setting up apache as an ssl proxy to some backend servers I
noticed that a reverse lookup is performed for each new connection to
the internal server.

I wondered if it was possible to prevent this but by looking at the
source code of mod_proxy it doesn't seem so.

As a workaround I've added the internal server's ip addresses to /etc/hosts.
IMHO the reverse lookup should be made avoidable from the configuration
file. (Maybe it should be made avoidable completely, unless I'm missing
a possible reason to revese lookup there...)

Regards.

--
Federico Mennite
Lifeware AG