List:       apache-modproxy-dev
Subject:    Re: building mod_proxy into apache 2.0
From:       Ian Holsman <IanH () cnet ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 20:34:39

On Wed, 2001-08-22 at 11:42, Eli Marmor wrote:
> Ian Holsman wrote:
>
> > for the moment,
> > copy httpd-proxy/module-2.0/*
> > to httpd-2.0/modules/proxy
>
> What versions of Apache and mod_proxy exactly?
> Latest from the CVSes?
> 2.0.24?
> Specific snapshots?

there is a '2.0.24' tag in the CVS for mod-proxy that you should use
with the 2.0.24 alpha tarball released a while ago. no tarball of the
proxy code was made (and probably won't be, as .24 has a big bug in
mod-include)

I build from the CVS of both.
I said for the moment, as where the proxy code lives is still in a state
of flux. the plan was to move it back into the main tree. If this
happens then we don't have to do anything config-wise

some other people belive it should be a seperate project, if this is the
case we need to get something going using apxs. (IMHO)

the proxy code is stable, bar some niggly problems I have seen

..Ian

--
Ian Holsman
Performance Measurement & Analysis