List:       apache-modperl-docs-dev
Subject:    Re: svn commit: r105829 -
From:       Frank Wiles <frank () wiles ! org>
Date:       2004-11-19 22:34:22

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:29:43 -0800
"Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@ectoplasm.org> wrote:

> Bingo! Right on. I was talking to infra folks and they are looking
> into the future and administering
> 1000+ unix users with shell accounts is much much more complex than if
>
> these 1000 accounts are
> all confined within the realm of a htaccess file ;-)

  Yeah, but these days with PAM and other nifty utilities you can get
  rid of the actual accounts, store them in a SQL database, etc. and
  mitigate the headache a ton.

  But I can understand their reluctance as I believe the SVN docs
  specifically say that svn+https is the only method they really focus
  on.