List:       apache-modperl-dev
Subject:    Re: mod_perl Hackathon
From:       Fred Moyer <fred () redhotpenguin ! com>
Date:       2010-02-03 0:58:57

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Adam Prime <adam.prime@utoronto.ca> wrote:
> As I said in IRC, i think it would make sense to consider doing it during
> the hackathon time either before or after YAPC::NA, but that only really
> makes sense if the people that you want at the hackathon want to go to YAPC.
>
> Adam
>
> Fred Moyer wrote:
>>
>> Any interest in putting this together?  This was talked about before,
>> and the direction seemed to be holding it somewhere in Canada, either
>> in Toronto or at Gozer's house.
>>
>> My company can make a donation to help this happen.  I'm hopeful that
>> this would encourage other companies to do so also.

I've gotten approval from my business partner to commit $500 towards
expenses for this hackathon.  We're going to need more though...

Adam and I were discussing the logistics of holding it in Toronto.  He
mentioned some work space there that could be used, and there are some
reasonably priced flights from the surrounding areas.

One big question of course, is can Gozer and a couple of the other
long time committers make it, and when would be the best time to
schedule this.

My concerns with scheduling in to coincide with YAPC are that people
will get distracted with other goings on there, and have to pay the
YAPC cost.  Whereas this would be focused on meeting up for 2-3 days
to just hack on mod_perl.

Assuming that lodging costs were paid for, and perhaps some airfare
cost defrayed, who is interested in attending this?