List:       apache-modperl-dev
Subject:    [mp2] finfo collisions with Apache::compat
From:       Stas Bekman <stas () stason ! org>
Date:       2003-11-24 9:50:00

finfo() from Apache::compat collides with the new $r->finfo implementation,
the two can't coexist...

'make test' fails to detect that, but t/SMOKE did, if compat gets loaded after
APR::Finfo, we get:

     [Sun Nov 23 14:01:44 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Can't locate object
method "pool" via package "IO::Handle" at
/home/stas/apache.org/mp2-cvs/t/response/TestAPR/finfo.pm line 36.

IO::Handler comes from finfo in Apache::compat.

I couldn't get the shortest sequence, and the one given by t/SMOKE is too
long, but it's clear what the problem is.

Solutions?

p.s. We need to fix the test suite to respect command line -maxclients no
matter what the minimum value is, if that was the case we could reproduce the
problem by forcing the same_interpreter with:

   % t/TEST -maxclients 1 -v apr/finfo.t compat/apache_uri.t apr/finfo.t