List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: mod_perl + mod_ssl + mod_fastcgi + mm can't compile Apache
From:       Stas Bekman <stas () stason ! org>
Date:       2001-06-30 4:33:03

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Marcio Merlone dos Santos wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm having some troubles in compiling apache with such modules. I'm using
> the following sources:
>
> (linux-2.4.5.tar.gz)
> apache_1.3.20.tar.gz
> mm-1.1.3.tar.gz
> mod_fastcgi.tar.gz
> mod_perl-1.25.tar.gz
> mod_ssl-2.8.4-1.3.20.tar.gz
> openssl-0.9.6a.tar.gz
>
> and I'm compiling like this:
>
> OpenSSL:
> cd /usr/src && \
> tar xvzf openssl-0.9.6a.tar.gz && \
> cd openssl-0.9.6a && \
> ./config -fPIC && make && make test && make install
>
> MM
> cd /usr/src && \
> tar xvzf mm-1.1.3.tar.gz && \
> cd mm-1.1.3 && \
> ./configure --disable-shared && make && make test && make install
>
> Apache (1):
> cd /usr/src && \
> tar xvzf apache_1.3.20.tar.gz && \
> cd apache_1.3.20 && \
> ./configure && make
>
> mod_perl:
> cd /usr/src && \
> tar xvzf mod_perl-1.25.tar.gz && \
> cd /usr/src/mod_perl-1.25 && \
> perl Makefile.PL \
> EVERYTHING=1 \
> APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.20/src \
> USE_APACI=1 \
> PREP_HTTPD=1 \
> DO_HTTPD=1 \
> && make && make test
>
> Everything runs just fine and smooth, until this last "make test". At this
> point, it ends like this:
>
> (...)
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mod_perl-1.25/Util'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mod_perl-1.25/Util'
> cp t/conf/mod_perl_srm.conf t/conf/srm.conf
> ../apache_1.3.20/src/httpd -f `pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -X -d `pwd`/t &
> httpd listening on port 8529
> will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
> letting apache warm up...\c
> Syntax error on line 3 of /usr/src/mod_perl-1.25/t/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command '=pod', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration

Marcio, please peruse the mailing list archive to search for the solutions
before you ask the list. for example here is one of the answers I've
digged for you:
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/rimpsovo/4.3.1.2.20000412212437.00b84370@206.129.32.8

Usually your starting point is http://perl.apache.org/#general-list (see
the archives list).

On the other hand you may want to read the guide. A few scenarios of how
multiply components are built with mod_perl are covered in details here:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#Installation_Scenarios_for_mod_p

This should help.