List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: 2 servers based on .htaccess authentication
From:       Robert Waldstein <wald () library ! ho ! lucent ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 2:28:27

> As long as you can garantee that the URI of the resource is not accessible
> multiple ways you could use a <Location/> directive on the relative path.

Trouble with this is my problem arises out of a (deliberate) lack of central
control.  That is, I have thousands of directories, and the web administrators
are allowed to protect them as they please, using .htaccess files.
   So I cannot maintain any centralized list (as in a apache config file).

   Actually as I continue to think on it my solution seems reasonable -
just haven't figured out yet which part of the light-weight server is
complaining about incomprehensible commands in the .htaccess - thought
apache would let my module see it before complaining.
  Hm - maybe I have to go earlier in the cycle so I can say:
     if (.htaccess control) proxyPass

 time to get back out the eagle book...
    bob  wald@lucent.com