List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Is there any Solution ???? No Answer
From:       Joshua Gerth <jgerth () ptdcs2 ! ra ! intel ! com>
Date:       2000-08-31 19:02:01

Sambit,

	I am sort of in the same situation as you.  We have multiple NT
domains ( >10) which I needed to authenticate against.  My solution was
basically to rewrite the Apache::AuthenSmb code so it would accept a
	NTDOM*\login

login.  Then, in a configuration file I had
	NTDOM1:PDC,BDC1,BDC2,BDC3...
	NTDOM2:PDC,BDC2,BDC2...

My AuthenSmb module simply looks for the NTDOM* in the config file and
whips down the list until one of the servers answers with a "Yes", or
"No".  (The others may be too busy, or down).

This works great for me.  However, I can't post the code to CPAN as I
don't "own" it, my company does.  I hope to shortly be able to "apply" for
its release to the public.  'Till then thats the best I can do.

Hope that helps some,
	Joshua