List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: adding Server-Side Includes to default files
From:       Sam Carleton <scarleton () miltonstreet ! com>
Date:       2000-03-31 4:47:51

Sam Carleton wrote:

> I would like to have server-side includes to be parsed on DirectoryIndex
> files.  I have followed the example in "Writing Apache Modules in Perl
> and C" and have my Apache::ESSI and this is what is in my perl.conf:
>
> <Files ~ "\.ehtml$">
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler Appache::ESSI
>     PerlSetVar ESSIDefs conf/essi.defs
> </Files>
> AddType text/html .ehtml
>
> What type of directive to I need to put into perl.conf so that the code
> gets called on a directory index file?

After some more playing around with it, the problem is not exactly what I
said in the above.  I have the above directive in the perl.conf that is
include into http.conf via ResourceConfig before the def of any web sites.
Now, at the bottom of the http.conf I have a virtual site defined on a
different IP address.  It is on this virtual site that the server side
includes work correctly.  On the main web site the server side includes do
NOT work.  Any thoughts?  I would like to leave all aspects of perl conf in
the the perl.conf.

Sam