List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Dynamic pages and ASP solutions - Apache::ASP vs. ChiliSoft ASP
From:       Joshua Chamas <joshua () chamas ! com>
Date:       2000-02-14 19:24:48

Tim Lu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am try to get a website up running on debian linux, apache web server,
> and postgresql database.  however, to create dynamic pages, i have been
> exploring embperl, mason, Apache::ASP, and chilisoft ASP but have been
> unable to determine which one solution would probably be most
> optimal.  could any knowledgeable programmers out there give me some
> suggestions?

Between Embperl, Mason, & Apache::ASP, there are significant
differences in the features and production styles, but you can't
lose any way you go, and there are significant user populations
using each.  They are all fundamentally embedded perl web production
environments.

Between these + Chilisoft, you have the difference between
using perl vs. VBScript & open source vs. commercial and I don't
think you will hear anything other than how wonderful perl is on
this list ( its quite true ;)

-- Joshua