List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: overriding document root dynamically?
From:       Jonathan Swartz <swartz () transbay ! net>
Date:       2000-01-31 22:36:13

At 02:09 PM 1/28/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Uh, why not?  No module after the Trans phase looks at document root,
>that I'm aware of.  index.html is handled by mod_autoindex during the
>content phase upon noticing that it's a MAGIC_DIR_TYPE, causing an
>internal (or external, if no slash) redirect.  And *that'll* come back
>through your Trans handler to get the same treatment.

I see. I misunderstood how DirectoryIndex is implemented. Actually I always
mix this up...

>Well, that's true, because those are Trans phase items.  But do you
>really want an alias to be run?  It'll be wrong!

Well, you could arrange for a RewriteRule to work correctly regardless of
which document root was chosen. But I'm splitting hairs. Anyway we want to
implement our redirects outside of the httpd.conf to minimize restarts.

I'll give this a try.

Jon