List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Embperl 1.2.1: multipart/form-data processing and nested pages
From:       Enno Ewers <ewers () ee ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-01-31 16:45:15

Hi,

I am trying to process a file upload with multipart/form-data in a
nested page that is called with Execute(). I know that
multipart/form-data can't be processed twice, so I tried a call like
this:

Execute( {  inputfile => 'process_form.epl',
           param => [$whatever,\%fdat],
           fdat => \%fdat,
           options => optDisableFormData });

I tried to read from the filehandle via %fdat and even via the explicit
reference from the parameters, and got rather strange results. Whatever
I do, it works flawlessly with requests from Netscape on Unix platforms,
but when I do a request with either Netscape or IE from Windows, there
seems to be no filehandle.

Is there any clean way to parse the file uploads from a nested page ? I
am very confused about the different behavior depending on the client
type.

Enno