List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Where did the POST data go in the ErrorDocument request?
From:       Roberto Bourgonjen <roberto () mail ! hoppa ! com>
Date:       2000-01-30 22:32:01

Hi,

I redirect 403 requests and create the requested document on the fly. It
works for GET requests, but if the request is POST, either apache or
mod_perl transformes it to GET, and the POST data is gone, even if I
access the $r->prev object.

I tried fetching the post data even in the uri translation stage, and
transforming the request into GET (with $r->method('GET')) after storing
the post data in an environment variable but then apache hangs, probably
trying to read post data that's no longer there.

Why is it gone, and where did it go?

This is in the srm.conf of my Apache 1.3.6/mod_perl 1.19:

ErrorDocument 404 /not_found

<Location /not_found>
SetHandler perl-script
Perlhandler SomeHandler->create