List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Using Apache::Filter with Apache::Registry
From:       Mark Wagner <markw () horvitznewspapers ! net>
Date:       1999-12-30 2:49:10

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Ken Williams wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I want to take a stab at getting Apache::Registry to be filter-aware, so that
> it works with Apache::Filter.  It should be pretty simple, but before I do
> anything I wanted to check with y'all and see whether anyone has already done
> the work.
>
> I think the right way to do it is to modify Apache::RegistryNG.pm.  Or if
> people think a whole different module is in order, I could subclass it.

Please excuse the late response. For a while I was wacking my brain against
mod_perl but then got assigned to other things.

I took a stab at this. The diff is at

http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/zholtwaykherm/199903111901.LAA07486@veda.horvitznewspapers.net

It was just a few lines of code. Doug MacEachern strongly recommended that
I use RegistryNG instead but I didn't have time to do it.

My changes have been running on about 4 smallish sites for about
6 months with no problems (as far as I can tell because the sites
generally suck).

--
markw@horvitznewspapers.net
Chipmunks roasting on an open fire.