List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    user registration/login system
From:       "Arnel Estanislao" <saklay () hotmail ! com>
Date:       1999-11-30 20:15:11

Hello,

I sent this email out yesterday, but it didn't seem to reach the list. My
apologies if you get this twice.

Is there a "best way" to accomplish the following user registration/login
system:

- User attempts to visit a password-protected section of the site.
- If user is not yet authenticated (using DBI/DBD::Pg), user is redirected
to a login/registration page.  (We are NOT using Basic authentication).
- User logs in or registers.
- User is given a session key and is taken to the URL they were originally
trying to visit.
- Session expires after X amount of time.

We're thinking about using "Authen::Ticket" or "Apache::AuthCookie", but
wanted to get some real-world validation of our approach, or find out about
other modules that have been used to successfully implement the above.

Thanks!!!

Arnel