List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    modules to be left enabled in a mod_perl back-end server?
From:       Stephen Zander <gibreel () pobox ! com>
Date:       1999-09-30 20:05:45

OK, I'm biting the bullet & putting a non-mod_perl server in to proxy
requests to the (now back-end) mod_perl server that already exists (as
per the fabulous guide).

It occurs to me, though, that a lot of the modules enabled in my
mod_perl server are no longer necessary as that functionality is being
provided by the front-end server (mod_mime etc).  Does anyone have any
thoughts on what additional modules a mod_perl server *must* include?
Does it buy me anything to rip them out?  The mod_perl server is now
only going to provide dynamic content (no images etc), but will still
have non-perl CGI running on it.

--
Stephen
 ---