List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: mod_auth_smb module
From:       Matt Sergeant <matt () sergeant ! org>
Date:       1999-09-30 16:43:47

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Indrek Siitan wrote:
> Hey,
>
>   which Apache Windows NT authentication module you use? I've
>   now tried both available modules @ http://modules.apache.org,
>   but haven't got neither of them working. Apache runs on Linux
>   (Debian slink).

I had reasonable success with mod_auth_smb on Red Hat Linux, although it
would be better if you could use some sort of caching because NT servers
are very flaky with authentication and often return failure when the
correct password is supplied.

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.