List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Apache segfaulting upon perl module load
From:       "Keith G. Murphy" <keithmur () mindspring ! com>
Date:       1999-09-30 13:57:50

Slava wrote:

> "Keith G. Murphy" wrote:
>
> > I'm having a strange problem where apache is segfaulting when I start
> > it.  The only time I get the segfault is when DynaLoader.pm loads an
> > ".so" file, for example, DBI.so, resulting from "use DBI" or "use
> > Apache::DBI" in startup.pl.  But "use Apache::Status", resulting in
> > loads of Request.so, et al, also causes the segfault.
> >
> > I'm running Debian Linux, Slink, kernel 2.0.36.
> > The relevant Debian packages are:
> > apache-1.3.9-8
> > libapache-mod-perl-1.21-5
> > libc6-2.1.2-5
> > libdbi-perl_1.12-1 (that's where the DBI.so comes from)
> >

> > I  have the same problem  under debian since  I  upgraded to
> > apache-1.3.9-8
Is that last sentence you talking, Slava?  It wasn't me, as implied by
the quotes.

> apache-1.3.9-6       before works fine.
> apache-1.3.9-7  did't work
> now   with apache-1.3.9-6   I take everything from  start.pl
> and it works.
Do you mean '-6' or '-8' there?

> I am using kernel-2.2.12
> debian unstable.
> I think problem  with   apache , now   it works just  with  start.pl as
> use strict;
> use CGI();
> CGI->compile(':all');
> use Apache::Registry;
> use Carp ();
> $SIG{__WARN__} = \&Carp::cluck;
> 1;
> Slava.
Yes, that works for me too.  But that doesn't need to load '.so's, so
for it to work is consistent with what I've seen before.  Unfortunately,
I need some other modules, like Apache::DBI and Apache::Status, that
load '.so's.  :-(