List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Stronghold Mod_Perl problems (Apache.pm)
From:       Shawn <info () epicbc ! com>
Date:       1999-09-30 6:57:04

Any advice would be much appreciated.

We have Stronghold 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 on a RedHat 5.2 Poweredge Server.
Bother with Mod_Perl running fine for months... until yesterday....

We upgraded the OS to RedHat 6.0 and after a bit of work got things
going.  At first neither ran.  I think there was some @INC issues with a
couple of the packages not being able to be found.  We managed to get it
to come up, but only when it is in our boot script.  Once we stop the
server and try to start it again, we get "Apache.pm failed to load!" in
the error_log.  If send the "reload" command, it restarts just fine,
however once it has been stopped, the only way for us to get it up again
is to re-boot (not fun on the long term : )  If we run the boot script
again once it has been stopped, we get the same result.

The server is running as a user called "www" with minimal permissions.
None of this has changed form before the upgrade.  We also have always
had an added PERL5LIB path in the www user's .bash_profile.  This too
hasn't changed.

What we've tried:
Moving around the Apache.pm - to no avail
Re-compliling everying - we get complire errors (some of which we have
solved - but some of which we haven't had a chance to sort out yet) - I
don't think we should have re-compile considering it runs just fine in
ever way after a reboot.

I'm sure there is something obvious that we are missing here!  Any help
or thought would be Greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Shawn Neumann