List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    mod_perl security
From:       heddy Boubaker <boubaker () cena ! fr>
Date:       1999-09-29 13:12:45

 hi,

 I've had a discussion about mod_perl (in)security on a French newsgroup. It
 seems to me that as far I as known there is no major security pb to have a
 mod_perl enabled server, if you take care of the script you use (taint
 checking scripts, checking user input, checking actions ...), at least a
 mod_perl web server is not more insecure than a `standard Apache'. That's
 what I told in the discussion, does it seems serious and enough arguments
 ;-), is there any pointers about mod_perl & security anywhere ? What you
 mod_perl wizards are thinking about this problem ?

 regards

--

 - heddy -