List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    mod_perl + redhat secure server
From:       Steve Weiland <stevew () whitehorse ! com>
Date:       1999-09-29 23:48:21

I am failing to load mod_perl as a dso under redhats secure server. I would
appreciate any insights.

These are the packages installed:
mod_perl-1.19-1
perl-5.004m7-1
secureweb-2.0-1libc6

The error:
./httpsd start
Starting httpsd: httpsd Syntax error on line 72 of
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libperl.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/libperl.so: undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror

Redhat was good enought to responde immediately:
You are probably trying to load libperl before the logging module has been
loaded.  Try moving the AddModule and LoadModule directives for mod_perl
to the END of each respective list of Add/LoadModules.

Result:
Not so The add and load directives are located at the bottom of each
section. The error persists.

Steve