List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Apache::AuthCookie, still getting popup
From:       Ken Miller <millerk () husky-oil ! com>
Date:       1999-09-29 20:43:57

At 11:20 AM 9/28/99 -0600, Ken Miller wrote:
>Ok, I've scratched all the hair off my head looking at this one, and I
>can't figure it out.
>
>Apache 1.3.9, mod_perl 1.21, AuthCookie 1.4 on Solaris 2.6.
>
>I've taken the template handler that comes with AuthCookie, modified and
>installed it.  .htaccess has been created, and by the logging information,
>authentication/authorziation is taking place.  However, instead of
>redirecting to the login page that I've written, the stock userid/password
>dialog box pops up.  If I cancel the dialog, then my login page shows.
>
>Obviously, I don't want the popup, but how do I make it go away?
>
>I've got this working at home under Linux with the same versions as above,
>and as near as I can tell, I've got them configured the same.

I copied the same code that works at home under Linux, and installed it
under Solaris, and I still get the authentication popup instead of the
custom login-page.

I can even put a bogus 'require' name in the .htaccess file, and I never
see a error message in the logs.

Still looking for some ideas....

Cheers!

	-klm.