List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Installation of mod_perl for windows NT
From:       Randy Kobes <randy () theoryx5 ! uwinnipeg ! ca>
Date:       1999-08-31 1:19:26

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Hou, Ping wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > After running nmake install, I can't find the files
> perlhome\lib\Core\perl.lib and
> ApacheCore.lib which should be added to project ApacheModulePerl.dsp.

Hi,
   ApacheCore.lib would be in the Apache distribution when
that is built - look in $APACHE\src\CoreR. Perl.lib is
in the Perl tree - look in something like
$PERL\5.00503\lib\MSWin32-x86\CORE, although this
may depend on how your perl was configured when built.

I found that the absolute paths to these libs needed to be
specified in the .dsp file, rather than relative paths.

> The include files such as httpd.h, http_config.h, http_protocol.h,
> http_log.h, http_main.h, http_core.h e.t.  for ..\src\modules\perl don't
> exist. As I was building ApacheModulePerl.dll with MS V++ 5.0 the compiler
> reported the error that file not exists: httpd.h.

You would have to include the directory that they're in - something
like $APACHE\src\include. In the mod_perl project, add this directory
under Tools -> Options -> Directories.

> Thank you for your Help in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ping Hou

You may have some problems with Apache 1.3.9 with the migration to
Winsock 2. There is a work-around for VC++ 6, but since
you're using VC++ 5, you may have to use Apache 1.3.6.

		best regards,
		Randy Kobes

Physics Department		Phone: 	   (204) 786-9399
University of Winnipeg		Fax: 	   (204) 774-4134
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2E9	e-mail:	   randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca
Canada				http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/