List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    RE: Using SSI from Embperl?
From:       "Gerald Richter" <richter () ecos ! de>
Date:       1999-08-29 8:54:45

> >Yes, Embperl does not support Apache::Filter yet, also I want it
> to be there
> >for a long time (I put it on the TODO list). Maybe somebody else has the
> >time to hack it in. I shouldn't be to hard. Anyway EmbperlChain is
> >maintained by Eric Cholet, I seen him on the conference, so maybe he can
> >help when he's back home.
>
> The first step would be to make sure that all of Embperl's output
> goes through
> Perl's STDOUT.  Is that the case?

No, Embperl does not use Perl's STDOUT when running under mod_perl, but it
takes only a few lines to redirect Embperl's output to Perl's STDOUT.

> Once that's done, it wouldn't be too hard to put the hooks in for
> Apache::Filter compatibility.

Yes, I know it's very easy, but there are a lot of things to do which are
only a few lines of code...

Gerald

Gerald Richter      ecos electronic communication services gmbh
Internet - Infodatenbanken - Apache - Perl - mod_perl - Embperl

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Tel:        +49-6133/925151
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de      Fax:        +49-6133/925152