List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Namespace BUG in Apache::ASP
From:       "Russell D. Weiss" <rweiss () inforelay ! com>
Date:       1999-06-30 23:26:12

Hey Joshua and everyone else.

I think I discovered a definite bug in Apache::ASP.  FYI, I'm running Apache
1.3.6, mod_perl 1.20, and Apache ASP .12 (pre-release that Joshua gave me).
It seems that if you have a subroutine with the same name in different
scripts, on occasion Apache::ASP will execute the wrong subroutine (the one
from the script that is not being called).

Please read on...

There are two files, fileA.asp and fileB.asp.

Each file has TestSub defined.
fileA.asp looks like this:
<%
	sub TestSub
	{
		$Response->Write("This is file A");
	}
	&TestSub;
%>

fileB.asp looks like this:
<%
	sub TestSub
	{
		$Response->Write("This is file B");
	}
	&TestSub;
%>

--------
The scenario (I'm running just two Apache/mod_perl server processes):

Server is stopped and then started, to ensure that everything is "clean".

fileA.asp runs on process 1
	Output: This is file A
fileA.asp is reloaded, runs on process 2
	Output: This is file A
fileA.asp runs on process 1
	Output: This is file B
fileA.asp is reloaded, runs on process 2
	Output: This is file B
fileA.asp runs on process 1
	Output: This is file B

Well, that's what's happening for me.  If anyone has had this problem or can
re-create it, let me know.  I doubt that it's unique to me since my setup is
pretty standard.

Thanks for all your help,
Russell