List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: lotus notes
From:       Gunther Birznieks <gunther () extropia ! com>
Date:       1999-05-29 23:28:16

Lotus Notes SUX.

Just kidding. Well, maybe not.

Basically put, the web interface to lotus notes is a hack. LN was not
designed as a webified language. It was designed as a GUI. Whenever you
slap on a webified something onto a GUI you usually end up cursing the
hacks. I've used LN->Web programs and nearly all of them would have been
way better off being done on the web from scratch. The workflow is just
different.

When you attempt to expand LN you end up having to go through major hoops
to get anything with a semblance of relational activity in it and worse,
doing anything besides the norm is quite painful in its artificial pseudo
language.

LN Web Server is useful for people who have LN apps that need to also
be accessible by the web. But as a web development environment alone from
scratch?

IMHO, Yuck!!