List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: sessions
From:       Perrin Harkins <perrin () citysearch ! com>
Date:       1999-02-26 19:13:26

"Matthew Sergeant (EML)" wrote:

> [...]

I'm working on an Apache module to handle keeping the sesion ID
persistent for you (the other side of Apache::Session).  I can make it
public when it's finished, if people are interested.  Right now, it's
done as a TransHandler which finds the ID by looking for a cookie or a
CGI parameter, and an OutputChain module to post-process your HTML and
re-write the URLs.

By the way, it would be nice to assemble a few informal benchmarks for
things like session handling, which people could then run on their own
machines to test out various techniques/modules.  If nothing else, it
would help with tuning efforts.

- Perrin

--
"You bet I could!  Y'know I'm not such a bad pilot myself!" -- Luke