List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Registry and $ReadParse
From:       David Hajoglou <hojo () greenland ! i-tel ! com>
Date:       1999-02-25 21:13:30

Running under Registry, I cannot pass in variables with the ?var=
convention.  I am running sql transactions where I need just a key value
to select certian records. All of the code runs under both straight cgi
and registry with the exception of the readparse values.

I have tried these code lines but to no avail:

my %in= shift;
my %in= @_;
my %in= &ReadParse;  The readparse is a function in a required() file.

I have scanned the miniguide for these issues but only found the following
that sort of applies:
-----------------
3. Declare a package in the required files! (Of course it should be unique
to the rest of the package names you use!) The %INC will use the package
name for the key!
Here playing with dir name or using the full path will not help! You must
declare a package inside the files that are being
So does this mean that I have to take my require'd file
require("cgi-lib.pl"); and make it into a module?  I really don't
understand how to declare a package in the required files.

Thank You
-hojo