List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Building Apache and mod_perl from CVS
From:       Tom Hukins <tom () eborcom ! com>
Date:       1998-11-30 20:29:03

I've been trying to build Apache and mod_perl from a local copy of the
source for both, as downloaded (with CVSup) from the CVS server.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what. When
building mod_perl, it wants a relative directory for the Apache source,
usually something of the form "../apache_dir/src". My CVS copy does not
have an "apache_dir", the src directory is only present. This causes
problems for mod_perl.

I can work around this by unzipping an old Apache release, and then
replacing the src directory with the src directory from CVS. This is
messy, and prevents nice, automated compilation.

I'm sure plenty of people are compiling from CVS, and from looking
through the docs I'm can't see where I'm going wrong.

I have included my supfile below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Tom

*default tag=.
*default host=apache.org
*default prefix=/usr/home/tom/apache/
*default base=/usr/home/tom/
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress

mod-perl
apache-1.3
apache-1.3-docs

--
       Learn how to create amazing web sites

     Visit eBORcOM's Web Development Resources
          http://www.eborcom.com/webmaker/