List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Problem w/ apache authorisation?
From:       Kees Vonk 7249 24549 <KEES.VONK () bgtransco ! co ! uk>
Date:       1998-09-29 15:00:57

I seem to have a problem with the apache authorisation.

Since a few weeks I am testing apache/1.3.1, with
mod_perl/5.00404. So far everything seems to work fine, but
last week I set up an empty directory (inside the document
root) for which I gave access to a not-existing group.

When I try to access that directory I get an internal server
error. The message in the error log reads as follows:

[Mon Sep 28 16:42:56 1998] [crit] configuration error:
couldn't check access.  No groups file?: /kees/

However the groups file is there, as it is also used for
accessing some of the other stuff in the document tree. I
have checked the FAQ and the mod_perl mail archive, but I
can't find anything about this. Does anyone know what could
cause this?

Kees Vonk