List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: $Apache->request->connection->abort not working ?
From:       rasmus () lerdorf ! on ! ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Date:       1998-08-31 23:45:10

> >But if rwrite() returns -1 don't you already know that the connection has
> >been broken?
>
> That's what I thought a while ago, but somebody reported a problem that led
> me to think otherwise.  That's when the r->connection->aborted check was
> actually added, and he reported back that it solved the problem (scripts
> not sending back everything they were suposed to.

Well, that's not good news.  So we have no idea how to actually check
this.  If rwrite() returns -1 prematurely I think we are pretty much
screwed and we have to always let scripts run until completion.  Or
perhaps ignore the first couple of -1's from rwrite()?  That's getting
awefully fuzzy!

By the way, we'll have to sit down for a beer at ApacheCon next month.

-Rasmus