List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Session ID's in the URL: a bad idea?
From:       Bavo De Ridder <bavo () ace ! ulyssis ! student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       1998-06-05 16:14:14

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Randy Harmon wrote:

> Bavo, your perspective seems to assume that it's your client writing CGI
> programs for themselves.  And it seems to assume that your client has no
> real programming skill for themselves.  My question is, why not perform
> service-for-pay for such clients?  Now, when a really nice Apache::Session
> comes out, you'll be able to leverage that module, earning a little chunk of
> extra profit, as payback for your participation in creating that package.

Indeed, I have 'clients' that will write the CI programs. Only I am *not*
allowed to charge them. I am just the system administrator in a non profit
organization. Several sub-posts of the organization will write their own
CGI scripts.

> Of course, if a client actually does have programming skills, they'll be
> able to use Apache::Session for themselves without any upcharge.

Some of them think they can program but can't.
Some of them think they can program and can.
Some of them don't even now what programming is...

Bavo De Ridder