List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    SIGSEGV with Apache/1.2.6 mod_perl/1.10
From:       Ken Williams <ken () forum ! swarthmore ! edu>
Date:       1998-05-29 20:08:58

Hi,

I'm getting a fairly large number of SIGSEGVs happening under mod_perl.  It
looks like they're happening right at the end of my PerlHandler (or after).
The problem is intermittent (about 1 per 100 requests on a server with low
traffic), so it's pretty hard to trace.

Basically, my handler looks like this:

sub handler {
   # bunch of stuff...

   print STDERR ("Taco14\n");
   return OK;
}

And in the error log, I see this:

 Taco14
 [Fri May 29 15:45:38 1998] httpd: caught SIGSEGV, attempting to dump core in
 /usr/local/lib/httpd

I'm not quite sure how to isolate this problem - perhaps I could install a
signal handler for SEGV and get a backtrace or something?  I tried putting
a Carp::cluck in after printing "Taco14", it doesn't look like it's going
to tell me much:

        Taco1::handler('Apache=SCALAR(0x860d5d4)') called at -e line 0
        eval {...} called at -e line 0

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ken Williams, The Math Forum
 ken@forum.swarthmore.edu