List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: mod_perl , ChildInitHandler, OpenApi
From:       "Randolf Richardson" <randolf () modperl ! pl>
Date:       2019-12-09 8:31:50

	You can use the $r->pnotes to pass blessed Perl objects between
handlers that run at different phases:

		Apache2::RequestUtil -- $r->pnotes
		https://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/RequestUtil.html#C_pnotes_

	(I'm assuming that you're using mod_perl2.)

> Hi,
>
> we're running our application build with mod_perl and MasonX::WebApp::ApacheHandler \
> (quite old, yes I know) Now I would like to use OpenAPI::Client to connect to some \
> other web services we need. OpenAPI::Client generates code based on the api \
> specification, but this takes 3 -4 seconds , which is far too slow to call it on \
> every request.  How can I initialize the OpenAPI::Client during server startup and \
> use the compiled code later ( i.e. access the object created)?  I'm thinking about \
> doing this in  a ChildInitHandler, but I have no idea, where to "store" the result. \
> We're using mom_event in production, anything to consider with this ?
> Thanks
> Rolf

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada