List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    =?utf-8?Q?How_to_get_=E2=80=9Cmy=E2=80=9D_VHOST_in_code_executed_by_PerPostConfigR?= =?utf-8?Q?equir
From:       Thorsten_Schöning <tschoening () am-soft ! de>
Date:       2019-08-05 17:18:56

Hi all,

I'm hosting multiple instances of the same web app in different
versions using the same instance of HTTPd and one VHOST per
instance/version of web app currently. I would like to use mod_perl's
"PostConfigRequire" to implement a handler pre-loading all those
instances during server startup instead of relying on mod_perl's
registry-facilities per request, as is done currently. The latter
[breaks][1] in case of too many concurrent requests and according to
some tests, that problem doesn't occur anymore in case things get
pre-loaded.

Because of the different versions of my web app, I need to use
"PerlOptions +Parent" to provide each VHOST with its individual Perl
interpreter pool. Additionally, I can easily configure
"PerlPostConfigRequire" per VHOST, but pre-loading needs to take into
account which VHOST that handler is currently executed in. Within that
handler I need to only load those files associated with some concrete
VHOST.

The problem is that I'm having trouble how to find the VHOST currently
executing that handler. In that past I have implemented something
similar per request by looking at the currently requested URL and
comparing that to VHOST configs, but I don't have a request now.
"Apache2::ServerUtil->server()" is not providing my VHOST, but it's
available at all e.g. using
"Apache2::Directive::conftree()->lookup('VirtualHost')". Only that I
don't know which one is the one containing "PerlPostConfigRequire"
currently executed. I'm pretty sure that "PerlPostConfigRequire"
really gets executed per VHOST, because I get debugging output scaling
with the number of VHOSTs configured as well.

Any ideas? Thanks!

[1]: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/201907.mbox/%3C1116164701.20190731193313%40am-soft.de%3E

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning