List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Re: Bug - Strange issue with mod_perl 2.0.10 / Apache 2.4 corrupting nfreeze data
From:       Vincent Veyron <vv.lists () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2016-04-03 15:03:27

On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 14:11:23 +0100
Alex Masidlover <alex.masidlover@zednax.com> wrote:

> This has all worked perfectly up until I upgraded to Apache 2.4 /
> mod_perl 2.0.10 -

After upgrading to Apache 2.4 and mod_perl 2.0.9, I had to make those two changes to \
my application :

In a PerlOutputFilterHandler, change '$content .= $buffer' to '$content .= \
decode_utf8($buffer)'

And in response handlers, change '$args{$_} = $req->param($_)' to '$args{$_} = \
decode_utf8($req->param($_))'

Not sure it applies to your case, but something changed in Apache 2.4 concerning \
UTF-8 data.

If I understood correctly, anything that goes through APR::Table is considered UTF-8, \
however the SvUTF8 flag is not set, so you get double encoding when processing your \
data.

--
					Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://marica.fr/
Gestion des contentieux, des dossiers de sinistres assurance et des contrats pour le \
service juridique