List:       apache-modperl
Subject:    Apache24: mod_perl authen + default access handler: Possible?
From:       Jie Gao <J.Gao () sydney ! edu ! au>
Date:       2015-06-23 7:15:46

Hi All

I am trying to convert my mod_perl module for Apache 2.2 for use with
Apache 2.4.

It was an authen+authz combined module, and it now needs to be overhauled.

I am thinking of using my mod_perl module for authentication (neither
"Basic" nor "Digest", but cookie-based) only, and have the default
Apache access modules for authorisation. I define "SetHandler modperl"
for the URL location, but the default Apache access modules are then
blocked. Any way out of this apart from re-implementing all those Apache
access module functions in mod_perl?

Regards,

Jie